The UCPIE in-home Respite Care Program is a service offered to individuals with disabilities throughout the Inland Empire. UCPIE sends a qualified, pre-screened respite caregiver certified in CPR & First Aid, to homes with special needs individuals. Ongoing recertification training is also provided by UCPIE. The Respite Care service allows parents and typical caregivers an opportunity to take a much needed rest or attend to other tasks, knowing that their loved one is well cared for by a trained respite care provider.
What does UCP In-Home Respite Care Provide?
- Personalized in-home care for your special needs family member.
- Supervision and stimulation through age appropriate activities & monthly Individual Goals Plan.
- Opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities to gain new companionship and to have more positive interpersonal experiences.
- The families of individuals with special needs gain opportunities for self renewal without worry.
- A viable alternative to out-of-home placement.
Who is eligible to receive Respite Care? Children and Adults with developmental disabilities such as:
Respite Care services through the California Department of Developmental Services are offered at NO COST. To receive Respite Care individuals must become clients of the Inland Regional Center, and gain authorization through them.
For more information about the Inland Regional Center, including how to become a client, call (909) 890-3000 or visit: www.inlandrc.org
Our UCPIE Respite Care Coordinator will be happy to speak with you about how you can access the services provided by the Inland Regional Center. For assistance with authorization, call Gaby Reyes (760) 625-5058.